The majority of participants at GW Research Days will present their projects in the form of a poster. (Participants from the Milken Institute School of Public Health have the option of presenting their research in the form of a video submission. Guidelines for video submissions can be found on the school's GW Research Days website.)
Typical poster sizes are 3’x4’ or 4’x4’. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate posters that are larger than 4 feet on any one side.
If you have a poster that you presented at another conference or event, you may use the same poster for Research Days.
GW poster templates
Milken Institute SPH poster templates
- 3x4 Milken Institute School of Public Health Poster Template (PPT)
- 4x4 Milken Institute School of Public Health Poster Template (PPT)
Poster Examples from Previous Research Days
- Examples of posters from prior years can be found in the GW Libraries repository and the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library portal.
Poster Design and Layout
- Designing an Effective Poster Using PowerPoint
This presentation is available from the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences Office of Communications and Marketing
- GW Research Day Resources from Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
Tips on creating graphics and tables, designing your poster, presenting your poster to judges and guidance on finding images that comply with copyright and fair use
Some departments or schools have resources available for poster printing. We encourage Research Days presenters to inquire about any assistance your home department can provide.
Poster Printing Resources and Vendors
- GW Biomedical Communications (Printing services are available to the entire GW community)
- FedEx Office (Physical location at 2020 K St NW)
Poster Presenter Schedule
- 2019 poster set-up and presentation schedule coming soon