Typical poster sizes are 3’x4’ or 4’x4’. Unfortunately, we cannot accommodate posters that are larger than 4 feet on any one side.
If you have a poster that you presented at another conference or event, you may use the same poster for Research Days.
Poster Design and Layout
- Designing an Effective Poster Using PowerPoint
This presentation is available from the GW School of Medicine and Health Sciences Office of Communications and Marketing
- GW Research Day Resources from Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library
Tips on creating graphics and tables, designing your poster, presenting your poster to judges and guidance on finding images that comply with copyright and fair use
- Examples of posters from prior years can be found in the GW Libraries repository and the Himmelfarb Health Sciences Library portal.
Some departments or schools have resources available for poster printing. We encourage Research Days presenters to inquire about any assistance your home department can provide.
Poster Printing Resources and Vendors
- GW Biomedical Communications (Printing services are available to the entire GW community)
- FedEx Office (Physical location at 2020 K St NW)
Poster Presenter Schedule
- 2018 poster set-up and presentation schedule coming soon